Lawyer Internet Marketing – Why Ranking in the Top 10 With SEO is Not Good Enough

If you have been pitched by Internet marketing companies, it is very likely that you have been told that a top 10 ranking in Google for your law firm’s Web site is a great objective to strive for. On it’s face this sounds great – what law firm would not want to be on the first page of Google for high traffic keyword phrases?
This makes for great sales material, but your law firm is in the business of getting client leads, not ranking in Google. As a client, you may not realize the real distribution between the site that is ranked # 1 and all other “1st page” Web sites. Studies have shown that over 40% of the women’s rights timeline uk clicks go to the top search result. That leaves only 60% of clicks for positions 2-10. As you may guess, the number of leads greatly diminishes as you go down in rank, so that the #5 position, while not completely meaningless, has arguably only 1/10th of the value of the top position.
When you have a search engine optimization program in place, there is considerably greater ROI in moving one strong keyword phrase (for example, “Miami Family Lawyer”) from the #5 position to the #1 position then there is in moving 10 other phrases from obscurity onto lower rankings of the first page of Google.
  day in the life of a civil rights lawyer
The top law firm Internet marketing companies work as a team with their lawyer clients and ensure that their interests are aligned. If your existing SEO firm is pushing “1st page” rankings for dozens of keyword phrases, without placing adequate emphasis on ranking #1 for as many relevant keyword phrases as possible, think twice whether they are truly representing your best interests.

READ  Online Marketing for a Law Firm - Three Proven Ways to Maximize Your Online Presence